2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro leaves
Juice and zest of 3 limes
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 half Chicken breasts skin on, boneless
4 Bricks covered with foil
1 drizzle Oil for brushing
1. To prepare the rub, combine all the rub ingredients in a small bowl and mix evenly.
2. Rinse chicken well, pat dry and place on a baking tray.
3. Applying slight pressure, rub the mixture all over the chicken.
1. Place rubbed chicken in a sealable bag and sprinkle with the cilantro, limejuice and olive oil. Marinate chicken for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
1. Remove the chicken and allow to come to room temperature. Preheat grill to medium high 375°F (190°C). Oil grill to prevent sticking.
2. Place chicken breast on the grill, skin side down, on a diagonal. Place the foil-covered bricks evenly over chicken.
3. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then give the chicken a quarter turn.
4. Replace the bricks and continue to cook a further 2-3 minutes.
5. Flip the chicken, and continue to cook a further 5 – 6 minutes, again rotating the breasts a quarter turn after a few minutes. Chicken is cooked when it is slightly firm to the touch and juices run clear.
6. Remove bricks, then remove chicken and allow meat to rest under foil for 10 minutes before serving.
| CLICK TO COMMENT ON THIS STORY|
| CLICK TO BOOKMARK THIS PAGE ON YOUR FAVOURITE SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES|
| Ads by |
KATIE IN THE KITCHEN