Sicilian-Style Fava Bean Soup
Ingredients: (serves 4)
5 pounds fresh fava beans
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, finely, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
4 cups vegetable stock
2 cups diced plum tomato
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt
shaved Pecorino romano cheese or shaved Grana Padano cheese
1. Shell beans discarding pods.
2. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook beans for 2 minutes.
3. Drain and rinse under cold water. Let cool completely.
4. Pinch skin of each bean to break at one end; squeeze bean out of skin. Set aside.
5. In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic and hot pepper flakes for about 5 minutes or until softened.
6. Add stock, tomatoes and fava beans; bring to boil.
7. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes.
8. Add parsley and salt.
9. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with cheese.
| CLICK TO COMMENT ON THIS STORY|
| CLICK TO BOOKMARK THIS PAGE ON YOUR FAVOURITE SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES|
| Ads by |
KATIE IN THE KITCHEN