Quinoa Black Bean Salad
Quinoa cooks in about the same amount of time and manner as white basmati rice (approximately 15 minutes) and like rice, it needs to be washed and rinsed before cooking. Quinoa is very high in protein and when combined with black beans make a perfect protein.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons oil (e.g. flax, hemp, grapeseed) oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1.400 teaspoons ground black pepper
1/4 cup quinoa, washed and rinsed 1x19 ounce can black beans, rinsed
2 green onions, minced
1 large tomato, chopped
1 large celery stalk, chopped
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
1 small avocado, cubed
1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 cup frozen corn niblets
1. In a small pot of water, cook the quinoa.
2. While quinoa is cooking, in a large bowl, stir together the black beans, onions, tomatoes, celery, green peppers, avocado, and cilantro. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the oils, vinegar, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
4. Once quinoa is done, remove from heat and stir in the corn. Let sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove lid and let quinoa cool. Add quinoa and dressing to salad and toss together well.
5. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Makes 2 large or 4 small servings.
| CLICK TO COMMENT ON THIS STORY|
| CLICK TO BOOKMARK THIS PAGE ON YOUR FAVOURITE SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES|
| Ads by |
KATIE IN THE KITCHEN